1. Ning Shen#, Xiao Yu#, Fei-Yan Pan, Xiang Gao, Bin Xue*, Chao-Jun Li*. An early response transcription factor, Egr-1, enhances insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes with chronic hyperinsulinism. J Biol Chem 2011 286(16):14508-15.
2. Yu X, Shen N, Pan FY, Liu C, Gao Q, Gao X, Xue B, Li CJ (2011) Egr-1 decreases adipocyte insulin sensitivity by tilting PI3K/Akt and MAPK signal balance in mice. EMBO J. 30: 3754 – 3765.
3.Shen, N., et al., An early response transcription factor, Egr-1, enhances insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes with chronic hyperinsulinism. J Biol Chem, 2011. 286(16): 14508-15.
4.Shen, N., et al., Cigarette smoke-induced pulmonary inflammatory responses are mediated by EGR-1/GGPPS/MAPK signaling. Am J Pathol, 2011. 178(1): 110-8.
5.Shen, N., et al., GGPPS, a new EGR-1 target gene, reactivates ERK 1/2 signaling through increasing Ras prenylation. Am J Pathol, 2011. 179(6): 2740-50.
6. Wang, X.X., et al., Altered protein prenylation in Sertoli cells is associated with adult infertility resulting from childhood mumps infection. J Exp Med, 2013. 210(8): 1559-74.
7.Tao, W., et al., Egr-1 enhances drug resistance of breast cancer by modulating MDR1 expression in a GGPPS-independent manner. Biomed Pharmacother, 2013. 67(3): 197-202.
8. Lai, S., et al., Regulation of mice liver regeneration by early growth response-1 through the GGPPS/RAS/MAPK pathway. Int J Biochem Cell Biol, 2015. 64: 147-54.
9. Xu, N., et al., Protein prenylation and human diseases: a balance of protein farnesylation and geranylgeranylation. Sci China Life Sci, 2015. 58(4): 328-35.
10. Chen, W.B., et al., GGPPS deficiency aggravates CCl4-induced liver injury by inducing hepatocyte apoptosis. FEBS Lett, 2015. 589(10): 1119-26.
11. Xu, N., et al., The alteration of protein prenylation induces cardiomyocyte hypertrophy through Rheb-mTORC1 signalling and leads to chronic heart failure. J Pathol, 2015. 235(5): 672-85.
12. Diao, F., et al., Alteration of protein prenylation promotes spermatogonial differentiation and exhausts spermatogonial stem cells in newborn mice. Sci Rep, 2016. 6: 28917.
13. Tao, W., et al., Lipid-induced Muscle Insulin Resistance Is Mediated by GGPPS via Modulation of the RhoA/Rho Kinase Signaling Pathway. J Biol Chem, 2015. 290(33): 20086-97.
14. Jia, W.J., et al., Geranylgeranyl Diphosphate Synthase Modulates Fetal Lung Branching Morphogenesis Possibly through Controlling K-Ras Prenylation. Am J Pathol, 2016. 186(6): 1454-65.